Adventure's around the corner...
Service Lead – Cloud Ops
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location United States - Remote
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Triage incoming incidents, service requests, and project tickets for the Cloud Operations team.
- Work with incident owner and related parties to ensure tasks are clear, concise, actionable, and well documented prior to assigning an owner.
- Ensure that ticket priority is accurate and expected due dates are feasible.
- Monitor outstanding tickets and project and facilitate communication with incident owners to ensure they are well informed and updated.
- Recognize repetitive tasks for systemic issues and bring those to the attention of the team.
- Continuously review ticketing system and process flows for improvements and efficiency.
- Monitor capacity of the team and ensure a well-distributed workload.
- Generate and maintain reports and statistics on incidents and recognize patterns for improvement.
- Build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders across the CCO organization.
- Create system documentation and training materials to empower and educate our own and other CCO teams
- Participation in continuous service improvement initiatives to drive efficiency and automation through innovation.
- Represent the Cloud Operations team as an SME in improving our incident and request intake systems.
- BONUS: Learn to become a Cloud engineer while helping us improve our way of life
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven experience as dispatcher or relevant position
- Strong understanding on ITSM & ITIL Process
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Establish deliverables and track milestones according to schedule
- Good knowledge of cloud technology and software development
- Interest in CloudOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and its’ impact on greater business practices
- Experience in and understanding of the Managed Services Environment
- Demonstrable experience with client and issue management
- 6+ years background in information and cloud technologies.
Personal Qualities and Soft Skills
- A no-fear approach to ambiguity and a startup-like culture
- You enjoy teaching and being a mentor to others
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving
- Strongly analytical mind with a penchant for process development and enhancement
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A highly positive can-do attitude with a knack for being a team player
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to take turns with your teammates being on-call for weekend production emergencies or to provide rotating weekend operational support
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.