We are looking for an experienced Senior Testing Engineer that can help us test our customer implementations quickly, efficiently, and accurately. Work as part of a global Guidewire testing team that will own the design, development, and maintenance of automated and manual testing frameworks. You will work closely with our customers and technical consultants to ensure our software works as designed.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. Work with and learn from intelligent colleagues while also having opportunities to demonstrate your own leadership skills and mentor other junior colleagues. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are seeking someone with the skill and motivation to help grow this.
Successful senior testing engineers at Guidewire typically are:
• Passionate about solving problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world.
• Focused on advocating for and crafting good quality test cases that follow industry standard best practice.
• Able to take ownership of the hands-on development effort related to manual and automated testing required for customer deployments.
• Curious and motivated to constantly improve.
• Confident communicators, comfortable speaking their mind and defending ideas based on merit, yet have humility and hunger to learn from others.
• Experienced leaders with an ability to mentor and inspire more junior team members.
What are we looking for?
• Ability to lead a QA project from requirement analysis to meeting deadlines. Releasing high quality code directly to a production environment.
• Proven ability to assist with the strategy and framework design for a scalable, reusable, extensible, and robust automated testing framework that will serve as the foundation for quality assurance activity.
• Experience working with internal development teams and customers to understand business objectives and functional requirements.
• Extensive experience in designing and writing manual test scripts.
• Ability to work independently within a team.
• Ability to prioritize work effort based on a dynamic work environment.
• Experience using a software defect tracking system like JIRA.
• Exposure to broad technical skills such as Object-Oriented Programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture.
• BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.