Adventure's around the corner...
Internal Audit & Business Transformation Intern (Summer 2021) - San Mateo, CA
- Department Students & Graduates
- Location San Mateo, CA
Primary Responsibilities - Internal Audit
- Perform SOX testing per our established audit plan and ensure test results are appropriately detailed and communicated
- Assist with updates of risk control matrices and process flow charts using Internal Audit’s tool, SOXHUB
- Assist with testing key reports for completeness and accuracy
- Collaborate and coordinate with business process owners and external auditors
- Assist with operational audits and testing
- Additional ad-hoc requests that arise
Primary Responsibilities - Business Transformation
- Perform finance process testing for ongoing initiatives
- Assist with data analyses to provide actionable insight
- Assist with As-is and To-be process documentation
- Assist with requirements documentation
- Collaborate with stakeholders for successful project rollout
- Other ad-hoc requests
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative work ethic and a team-player
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Committed to problem-solving and driving projects to completion
- Actively working towards a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or business with a desire for high achievement
What to Expect
- Deepen your understanding of Internal Audit, SOX compliance, and Business Transformation processes
- Exposure to core finance systems such as Oracle, FinancialForce, and CPQ
- Exposure to SOX Compliance program and our related tool, SOXHUB
- Develop proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Opportunities to collaborate with the broader finance organization and other cross-functional teams
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.