Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Java Consultant, Cloud Assurance
- Department Professional Services
- Location Dublin
Successful consultant developers at Guidewire typically are:
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Focused on advocating for and writing good quality code that follows industry standard best practice
- Interested in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
- Curious and have internal motivation to constantly improve
- Confident communicators, with the comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet have humility and hunger to learn from others
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- An ability to work independently within a team
- Leadership experience within a successful development team
- Experience working with customer teams to understand business objectives and functional requirements
- Will be required to work weekends.(Negotiable shift pattern but Saturday and Sunday must be covered)
What we offer:
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.