Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud - InsuranceNow - Remote, Canada
- Department Product Development
- Location Canada - Remote
What you would do:
- Collaborate with key individuals that includes product managers, architects and senior engineering management, across Product Development and Cloud Operations organizations for coming up with a modern Infrastructure and Application architecture.
- Lead the architecture definition for taking InsuranceNow application to a true SaaS model, by revamping existing architecture significantly, and adding new elements to the architecture.
- The new architecture will be based on Dockerizing existing application components, using Kubernetes, Istio, OAuth, etc. frameworks.
- Automation, scalability, high availability, optimal costs, ability to easily operate and support, are all first-class citizens of the architecture.
- Architecture need to factor secure multi-tenancy design, performance metrics, operational logging, self-healing and observability.
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and Automated Testing pipelines for your work.
- Own, solve & resolve code defects
- Passionate about quality,mentoring junior candidates and in general a great teammate
What skills you need:
- Proven understanding of Public Cloud architecture: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- 10+ years of all overall software or infrastructure developer experience, with 5 years of it on building Cloud Architectures or applications using cloud architectures.
- AWS experience is highly preferred, but experience with Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud is also okay.
- Experience in building applications with distributed architecture, distributed databases is helpful.
- Must have commanding knowledge on high-availability, load balancing and auto-scaling concepts.
- Knowledge of SaaS concepts: zero down-time upgrades, blue/green deployments, testing of SaaS with customers, promotion of code from QA to Staging to Production, etc.
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases is required.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code software tools is must: knowledge with Terraform, Cloud Formation is required. If not experienced in either one, Chef/Ansible/Puppet experience is acceptable.
- Proven understanding of Object-Oriented programming concepts: knowledge of Java, C++ or Python is a must.
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Coach and mentor other engineers technically. Ability to own the team for results.
- If you are certified AWS Developer or Architect (associate or professional level) or any other certification related Cloud Architecture, it will be a big bonus.
- Understanding of authentication, role-based access control (authorization) concepts and SIEM tools.
- Familiarity with APM, Log Management and metrics supervising systems.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.