Adventure's around the corner...
- Department Finance
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
- Be the go-to finance professional to key business partners
- Own the quarterly and monthly close process and ensure accuracy of the general ledger through detailed monthly analytical reviews of the expense
- Able to articulate variances and understand the business outlook
- Headcount forecasting
- Manage monthly and quarterly rolling forecast process
- Manage annual planning process
- Prepare and deliver accurate and timely management reporting including monthly financials, functional expense reporting
- Assist the Sr. Manager with reviewing cloud contracts
- Ad-hoc analysis & projects as needed to support business needs
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Experience in Software and SaaS companies preferred
- 2+ years of experience with Expense planning, forecasting and variance analysis
- Knowledge of enterprise software with prior experience in product development and business unit finance operations preferred
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Highly organized and motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects and the ability to manage projects to completion
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty and a large amount of data
- Proven ability to meet deadline, follow-through on details, provide input and feedback
- Great teammate with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative team work crosses functional areas.
- Advanced skills in Excel (experienced with pivot tables, vlookups)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate complex analysis in a simple way
- Strong attention to detail; intellectually curious; a zeal for getting things done; fun supportive team player
- Experience with Adaptive Planning is a plus
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.