Graduate Software Developer
Guidewire's Delivery Services is looking for smart, proactive, and results-oriented graduate software developers to join the Guidewire Services Center (GSC) team in in Kuala Lumpur.
What We Do?
We build innovative solutions for the property & casualty (P&C) insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. We are looking for enthusiastic developers who are passionate about building high quality software, and working with great people to improving our customers experience for millions of users worldwide.
As a GSC consultant, you will learn and master Guidewire's products, trained and certified to perform configuration and integration of our products, provide technical consulting, and become a subject matter expert. You will partner with on-site consultants and client teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements. You will configure Guidewire applications and develop business rules using Guidewire Studio. You will develop custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems using Java and XML. You will execute configuration / integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are looking for skilled, motivated graduates to help grow this.
Successful Consultants at Guidewire typically have:
· Passion about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
· Focus on writing good quality code that follows industry standard best practice
· Interest in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
· Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
· Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
Who Are We Looking For?
· BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution
· Some Software development lifecycle exposure (Agile) preferred
· Understanding of programming languages and grounding in Java, C# or C++
· Familiar with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
· Awareness of Object-Oriented Programming principles
· Awareness of Web services (e.g. REST, etc.), Cloud Services (e.g. AWS)
· Eligible to work in Malaysia and able to travel occasionally to US, Europe or within APAC
The ideal candidate will share and be delighted by our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
· Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
· Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
· Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.