Adventure's around the corner...
Staff Information Security Engineer - US Remote Option
- Department Information Security & Compliance
- Location United States - Remote
- Collaborate with IT, Cloud Operations and Engineering teams globally towards designing, assessing, and implementing security controls to improve the overall security posture of our Infrastructure.
- Be the technical SME for the SIEM platform at Guidewire – design, deploy and maintenance
- Lead and oversee deployment, operation, and maintenance of the Enterprise Security Tools including, but not limited to IDS, Content Filter, DNS Security, Endpoint Detection & Response, Mobile Device Management, SIEM, UEBA and Cloud Security.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) around enabling and strategize centralized security logging across multiple accounts, onboarding logs, and creating custom parsers for various AWS services.
- Document’s security tools and systems, trains Security Operations’ staff on tool use, and supports the day-to-day SecOps staff in the security mission
- Constantly perform security monitoring gap analysis using MITRE ATT&CK/ similar framework and improve the detection coverage. Improving signal to noise ratio, developing incident response workflow that can be automated & writing SOPs for SOC
- Independent sound decision making skill to review security implications, for change and access requests by various stakeholders and generate a consensus on the proposed solution
- Develops and publishes metrics and dashboards demonstrating our security posture, event activity and to drive operational improvements
- Knowledge of Identity management. Hands on experience in implementing and managing enterprise SIEM infrastructure along one or more of the below technologies: DLP, CrowdStrike EDR (or similar EDR’s), Palo Alto firewalls (or similar tools), Cloud Security Controls
- Broad knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Security products, Identity Management, network security, endpoint security, cloud security, vulnerability management, security incident response and malwares.
- Strong hands-on knowledge in designing, deploying, and maintaining logging infrastructure in multiple AWS (or any cloud environment) accounts.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and execute on them to meet goal in timely manner
- In-depth knowledge of security monitoring and incident response.
- Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PowerShell, or Bash.
Good to have
- Exposure to incident response of cloud-based and distributed infrastructures are a plus.
- Possess any technical security certifications (e.g., SANS, Offensive Security, Azure/AWS Security Engineer, or any other industry standard certifications) is a plus
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.