Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Front End Engineer (Cloud Applications)- Toronto, CAN
- Department Product Development
- Location Canada - Toronto
Successful software engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- Enjoy working collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team
- Experience working in an agile and fast-paced development environment (e.g. TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- A passion for code quality demonstrated by thorough testing
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
Key qualifications include experience with:
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience in developing responsive applications with good architecture and UX.
- Strong experience in contributing to architecture, design, and implementation of products
- Expert at writing unit tests and testable components.
- Experience building E2E automation scripts and tools to support the CI &CD pipeline.
- Expert in design patterns and best coding practices.
- Clear written communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to mentor less experienced engineers
- An aptitude for continuous learning and exploration of new technologies.
- A typical candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
Our employee culture…
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.