Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location Canada - Remote
- Location Type Remote
Duties & Responsibilities
- Duties & Responsibilities
- This role requires high collaboration, teamwork, ownership and responsibility. If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale through the development of automation and tooling, then we would love to hear from you. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated ability to rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools, ideally with production SaaS application experience.
- You will be responsible for developing full-stack tooling and processes for monitoring, alerting, and logging highly performant applications and interfaces. You will automate deployment tasks for core product and infrastructure tools and maintain automation infrastructure. Additionally, you will assess the production readiness of our products and develop observability tooling, metrics, and dashboarding to detect and surface customer-specific performance bottlenecks. You will configure and maintain monitoring and alerting systems to support individual customer production and non-production environments. You will also collaborate closely with product development, global customer support, and other internal Cloud Operations teams to specify and detail solutions and practices.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong experience in developing and maintaining automation tools for deployment, configuration, and monitoring
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong experience with Python, Go, and Shell scripting
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack)
- Proven experience in assessing the production readiness of products
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex system issues across multiple layers of the technology stack
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable, reliable, and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience with high-availability systems and designing for disaster recovery
- Demonstrated ability to implement continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience with agile methodologies and working in a fast-paced environment
Required Soft skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think critically
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including development, operations, and security teams
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor and guide junior team members
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, with a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and approaches
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Strong customer-focused mindset and a passion for delivering value to customers
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to take turns with your teammates being on-call for after-hours production emergencies
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.