Adventure's around the corner...
First Impressions Coordinator /Administrative Assistant
- Department Workplace
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
- Welcome visitors, employees, trainees by greeting them in person or by telephone; answering or referring inquiries and assisting with visitor check in!
- Enforce security and access protocols
- Order and distribute office supply, including specialty items for various departments
- Employee and contractor on-boarding and seating assignments at local office
- Update workplace policies and/or processes relevant to intradepartmental and cross functional business operations
- Vendor management; office suppliers, courier accounts, catering services
- Sort mail & deliveries
- Oversee general appearance of lobby area
- Assist with conference room center management and bookings
- Working with Property Management and engineering to ensure a safe and clean environment
- Manage and respond to Workplace tickets via ServiceNow
- Handle catering: orders, delivery, set up upon request
- Setup and takedown of furniture and equipment, reconfigurations, learning center, outdoor terrace, company meetings and special events.
- Ensure consistent communication and processes
- Health and safety, participate in becoming part of the Emergency Response Team (BERT)
- Special projects as assigned by manager
- Manage and update internal documentation and shared sites
- Collaborate with Global Workplace team on communications and internal projects
- 2 years executive and/or reception experience in a fast-paced environment
- High level of professionalism and confidence; ability to make decisions in line with department goals & objectives!
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work with a high sense of urgency within established timelines, exercising consistent follow-through/follow-up when necessary
- Strong computer skills in MS Office/Windows including Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint Suite a plus
- Ability to prioritize and operate in an environment of frequently changing priorities and managing the demands of a quickly growing workforce
- Quick thinker/learner with “business owner” mentality who will handle assignments, tasks, and projects with intrepid initiative and ingenuity
- Ability to maintain discretion and strict confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude with “internal” customer focus and professional demeanor
- Comfortable using and learning new technology; ability to use chat program
- Occasionally required to move boxes/stock weighing up to 40lbs
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.