Adventure's around the corner...
Junior Program Manager
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Toronto
- Apply expert judgement to keep teams focused, remove impediments and deliver success in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Wired for continuous improvement, understand retrospective, name that PDCA tune
- Ability to power highly collaborative, delivery-focused teams that are distributed and develop stellar cross-functional relationships
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent teams from delivering on stated objectives.
- Provides visibility to team impediments/risks and helps eliminate them
- Reviews with team regular performance updates and/or reviews for identifications of variances and corrective actions
- Raise concerns based on measurement criteria to supervision and provide recommendations to maximize productivity
- Focus more on delivery and results rather than ideology
- Work with senior team members to continually identify and implement team process improvements
- Help teams achieve project goals while being aware of and sensitive to the overall business goals
- Lead and contribute to the decision-making process and facilitate conflict resolution
- Demonstrate strong technical skills and business acumen
- Ability to clearly communicate functional and technical requirements to a remote team
- Professional communication capability, timely response procedures, and understand sense of urgency
- Help build and maintain executive and operational dashboards, project plans, risk logs, project briefs, process plans, project status presentations, etc.
- Work closely with all parties involved in implementation or cloud migration programs to effectively facilitate cross-functional planning and prioritization meetings
- Identify, coordinate, and manage tasks pertaining to the preparation and launch into the Guidewire Cloud.
- Support senior management by updating and preparing communications regarding status updates and change management
- Support program management team by preparing regular project updates/dashboards
- Drive alignment and work effectively with cross-functional teams across various disciplines who may have competing priorities.
- Contribute to a team environment that will have both local and remote leadership.
- Occasional high priority work outside of established business hours may be necessary (i.e., to help with urgent customer issues).
- Ability to ‘Make Things Happen’
- Possess keen sense of personal accountability
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Ability to bridge gaps and communicate effectively between cross-functional teams
- Programming, services, support or other similar technical background
- Ability to understand technical issues at high-level
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to execute with a positive, result-focused attitude
- Proven track record of being a strong team player
- Excited by challenge of working in an agile and innovative environment
- Understanding of CI/CD, Source Control and AWS
- Comfort being in a dynamic role that is not always fully defined and that will mature with our solution offerings
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience being in or working with distributed teams
- 2-4 years previous programming, services, support or similar technical field experience
- 2-4 years with commercial software experience: such as customer incident tracking systems, work effort management, etc.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.