Adventure's around the corner...
Machine Learning Engineer, Risk Analytics
- Department Analytics and Data Services
- Location San Mateo, CA
RESPONSIBILITIES WE LOOK FOR INCLUDE:
- Define, models and solve real world, ambitious, insurance problems using various data-driven approaches.
- A passion for Designing, building, and testing models and deploying them into production.
- Design and implement tools and frameworks to be used across various machine learning and data science teams.
- A strong desire to help build the next generation Machine Learning platform that will be used by internal and external Guidewire customers.
- Identify areas where we can apply Machine Learning at Guidewire and work with product managers and domain specialists to produce and end to end solution.
- Work in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment to help us deliver high quality software.
SUCCESSFUL ML ENGINEERS AT GUIDEWIRE TYPICALLY HAVE:
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- 1- 2+ years of validated experience in a data science or ML engineering role.
- Solid understanding of ML techniques (parametric and non-parametric models, clustering, anomaly detection, evaluation metrics, interpretability methods).
- Validated statistics and modeling knowledge.
- Experience with languages used for Machine Learning experiment/implementation such as Python and frameworks like PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Experience with Amazon AWS services such as EC2, EMR, S3, SageMaker.
- Experience building and productionizing end-to-end machine learning pipelines.
- Huge plus if you have experience working with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Strong knowledge of ground breaking NLP models like LSTMs, Transformers (BERT, GPT-3).
- Excellent coding skills in Scala or other Functional Programming Languages.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code is a huge plus
- Understanding of the P&C insurance industry
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.