Adventure's around the corner...
Actuarial Consultant , Remote CANADA
- Department Go To Market
- Location Canada - Remote
Major Responsibilities include:
- Communicate and advise on the use of analytics in a variety of contexts, including risk rating operations modeling and ERM.
- Support Sales in discussions with prospects and renewals.
- Perform sophisticated predictive analytics modeling to tackle complex business problems for insurance clients.
- Validation and interpretation of predictive analytics results.
- Analysis of customer data for statistical validity.
- Conduct meetings and presentations for clients as needed.
- Provide client feedback to product management & development.
Requirements for Job:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with high degree of quality. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience using statistical modeling tools such as SAS, Emblem, DataRobot or others. Python and R are not required but are a plus.
- ACAS or FCAS preferred but will consider near ACAS with appropriate work experience. CSPA a plus.
- 7-12 years of proven experience in an actuarial role in the property and casualty insurance and/or consulting industry.
- Solid written, and verbal communication including presentation skills.
- Knowledge of insurance underwriting and risk selection practices.
- Experience analyzing portfolios for profit/loss and pricing working for an insurance company or consulting company focused on insurance clients.
- Ability to translate actuarial concepts into business solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels in the organization internally and with clients.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.