Adventure's around the corner...
Legal Counsel - EMEA
- Department Legal
- Location Spain - Remote
- Analyze, draft, and negotiate enterprise agreements, including SaaS subscription agreements, software licensing agreements, global services agreements, and the overlap and interaction of the same
- Work with the legal and procurement representatives of large enterprise customers, creatively driving deals to closure.
- Provide clear, concise advice on relevant issues and risks our senior employees and executives
- Partner closely with other members of the legal team to provide legal advice and support as needed by company colleagues at all levels and in various teams
- Assist with monitoring compliance with the rules and regulatory framework relevant to Guidewire’s EMEA activities (in particular Solvency II, EIOPA Guidelines, etc.).
- Identify finance, operational, or revenue accounting issues and liaise with the relevant functional groups (including Sales Operations, Tax, Finance, Revenue Accounting, Global Revenue Operations) to resolve these.
What you need to be successful:
- Master of Law from a recognized university (bar qualification in good standing is a plus).
- 2+ years of combined law firm and/or in-house experience, preferably working with Information technology or Internet companies.
- Proficient English and the ability to work comfortably in a second language are required (preferably in Spanish and/or in German).
- Willing to travel when needed (post-COVID).
- Superlative negotiation skills with large enterprise companies, with an ability to drive strategic deals to close while protecting company interests
- Experience with enterprise SaaS systems that deal with sensitive data, and comfort with the related data privacy and confidentiality issues and risks
- Familiar with Privacy and InfoSec concepts and contractual terms and a wide range of data-related issues associated with a growing Software as a Service (SaaS) based model in EMEA.
- Provide a legal review of RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, bids, proposals, quotes, and other documentation, when vital in coordination with Guidewire Sales Operations department.
- Comfortable working with multiple teams to tackle problems in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly and collaborative with a passion for learning
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.