We are looking for an experienced, Technical Manager who will provide leadership & oversight for the Security Operations Centre (SOC) at Guidewire. This role is responsible for setting up the SOC operations, providing expertise on all relevant security technologies and establishing escalation processes for incidents that have been deemed critical. The position will be responsible for continuously monitoring levels of service of the SOC as well as interpret and prioritize overall threat levels.
· Manage and continue to build a team to conduct security incident detection and response activities.
· Responsible for creating and implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), processes, playbooks, and templates for a SOC function, including monitoring, response, investigation, escalation, communication, and reporting
· Perform investigation and escalation for complex or high severity security threats or incidents and serve as an escalation resource for the security analysts
· Assist, collaborate & follow-up with internal and external contacts on remediation of security incidents
· Develop and maintain reporting metrics and mechanisms used to measure SOC effectiveness
· Ensure effective operational control of the environment, strengthen the attack detection and response processes, developing and integrating all SOC related processes
· Identifying the training requirements of the teams and work closely with the team to help improve their skills
· Proven experience in incident handling/incident response techniques within a cloud-based environment such as AWS/Azure/GCP
· Experience with thorough documentation around incident response analysis activities
· Expertise in Cyber Security attacks, tools & techniques, and experience with Advanced Threat management
· Ability to tune correlation rules and outcomes via security information and event management (SIEM) and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) platforms
· Has a sound understanding of SIEM, DLP, CASB, EDR, operating systems, MITRE ATT&CK framework and other threat detection platforms
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences
· Good Analytical, Problem solving and Interpersonal skills
Good to have:
· Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PowerShell or Bash.
· Certifications from SANS, Offensive Security, ISC2, AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.