Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Software Application Support Engineer (US Remote)
- Department Delivery Services
- Location United States - Remote
- Function as primary customer contact for assigned support cases, meeting Guidewire’s contractual and internal goals for initial response and subsequent customer communication
- Triage issues, restore the system, find the root cause, and identify the fix
- Be the interface between the customer and internal Guidewire teams
- Provide expert solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Write thorough and detailed case documentation to meet objectives for Case Quality and Customer Satisfaction scores
- Escalate customer issues as appropriate
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Guidewire’s products, achieving Professional-level certification in at least one product area
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross-training, and a total focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Create articles and other informational documents to be shared with customers and teammates
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of work experience providing technical software support for a B2B software company
- Experience with a CRM system such as Salesforce.com that is used by Guidewire Community for case management
- Proven customer management skills
- Advanced Java development skills and advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture; Gosu is nice-to-have.
- Ability to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files
- Solid grasp of relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle
- Fluent English
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Display an understanding of the customer’s needs and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure the customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.