Adventure's around the corner...
Data Protection Officer - Ireland
- Department Legal
- Location Ireland - Remote
- Implementing measures and a privacy governance framework to manage customer data use to be aligned with the GDPR.
- Working with key internal shareholders to review projects and related data to ensure compliance with local data privacy laws, and where vital, complete and advise on privacy impact assessments.
- Serving as the main point of contact and liaison for EEA Data Protection Authorities on all data protection-related matters under the GDPR.
- Managing and conducting ongoing reviews of Guidewire’s ISO 27701 privacy governance framework.
- Monitor changes to local privacy laws and making recommendations when appropriate.
- Setting standards and reviewing policies and procedures globally that meet the GDPR requirements and any localization requirements in countries of operation.
- Coordinating and conducting data privacy audits, as appropriate.
- Collaborating with the Information Security function(s) to raise employee awareness of data privacy and security issues and providing training on the subject matter.
- Working with the teams to maintain records of all customer data assets and maintain a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents, including impact assessments, security breach responses, complaints, claims or notifications, and subject access requests (SARs).
- Work with Privacy Team and, where needed, outside counsel to help advise on local data privacy law issues.
What you need to be successful:
- Law degree from an accredited law school preferred.
- Hold at least one Data Protection and/or Privacy certification such as CIPP, CIPT, ISEB, etc.
- Experience with EU data privacy laws.
- Experience within a compliance, legal, audit, and/or risk function, with recent experience in privacy compliance.
- Strong knowledge of EU data privacy and data protection regulation and a good understanding of other major privacy frameworks and evolving legislation worldwide.
- Good knowledge of information technology and data management systems.
- Ability to working unsupervised, exercise leadership and inspire change.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion when making the majority of decisions.
- Having a thorough approach to recommend and implement strategic improvements on a range of data privacy and data protection issues.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Some international travel may be required post-COVID.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.