Adventure's around the corner...
Java Application Engineer - Madrid
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Spain - Madrid
- Research, respond to and resolve cases of moderate to high complexity, in a timely way, and in line with CASE team standards
- Be the primary customer contact for your support cases, meeting Guidewire’s contractual and internal goals for customer communication
- Provide expert solutions to customer problems to ensure satisfaction
- Write thorough and detailed case documentation to meet objectives for Case Quality and Customer Satisfaction scores
- Take ownership and responsibility for support cases
- Escalate customer issues to the CASE Manager when you need to
- Participate in team projects to enhance the quality or efficiency of support
- Participate in after-hours weekend deployments and on-call support as needed
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Guidewire’s products, achieving Professional-level certification in at least one product area
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross-training, and focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Create knowledgebase articles and other informational documents to be shared with customers and teammates
- Contribute to a team environment with both local and remote leadership
- Partner with Guidewire delivery teams to understand each customer’s business objectives and integration requirements, and rationalize these against established standard methodologies to ensure successful Guidewire Cloud-hosted customer solutions
- Contribute to technical assessments of incoming Guidewire Cloud-hosted solutions, ensuring that pre-production customer solutions meet our security and performance criteria and adhere to our coding standards
- Weekend Rotation is required
- You’ll need a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle
- Experience providing technical software support for a B2B software company
- Experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Experience using a software defect tracking system like JIRA
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Java development, web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Ability to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and problem-solve
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and go above and beyond to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Display an understanding of the customer’s needs and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure that each and every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
- Work weekends (negotiable mid-week shift pattern but Saturday and Sunday must be covered)
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English is a must.
- Travel – expect occasional travel (less than 5% of your time) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings
Awesome - So What’s Next?
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.