Adventure's around the corner...
Release Manager - Canada Remote
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Toronto
- Working with the existing ITSM and orchestration solutions and the owner teams to bring about full end to end automation of the CI/CD pipeline and the provision of the required audit collateral in line with industry best practices whilst ensuring audit compliance.
- Active engagement with the Change Manager to ensure release management is appropriately tied in with the umbrella change management process. And providing cover for the change manager when required.
- Driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the CI/CD pipeline setup and related processes for non-production (NPE) and production environments.
- Producing management information and reports.
- Proactively engaging with Cloud Operations management and product development stakeholders to drive working practices efficiencies.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of release management and making recommendations for improvements.
- Developing and maintaining the release management process and procedures.
- Participating in Cloud Operations delivery programs of varying complexity.
- Facilitating interviews and workshops (in-person and virtually).
- Conducting release management maturity assessments, developing material for communications and training, and facilitating improvement discussions.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to stakeholders of varying levels to influence, facilitate alignment, and develop shared understanding.
- Collaborating with delivery/project teams, business stakeholders and executives to ensure the successful execution of enablement strategies and achievement of success criteria.
- 3+ years full-time in a software development centric Release Management role.
- 2+ years in an IT operations role preferably working within a devops context or working as part of or directly with agile development scrum teams.
- Experience delivering ITIL or related service management specifically release management, communications and/or training.
- Strong analysis, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to set direction and approach and execute delivery with limited direction.
- Ability to provide fact-based point of views, while maintaining utmost flexibility.
- Ability to influence peers and stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and to quickly earn the trust of executives and key stakeholders.
- Self-starter with fine-tuned problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance between competing priorities.
- Experienced working with global teams.
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products specially Jira Service Desk and/or Jira.
- A background in or experience with code pipelines and automation.
- Familiarity with Bitbucket, Jenkins, Team City and/or Chef is desirable.
- Willingness and ability to attend morning or night video conference calls with regional teams, when needed.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.