Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Network Engineer
- DepartmentBusiness Technology
- LocationIndia - Bangalore
- Location TypeHybrid
- Responsible for Design, Planning, Development, Implementation, Optimization and Support of the Network Arch Core/Distribution/Access, Routing/Switching, WAN/WADS/WFAS, IOS/CFG Standardization, MPLS/IP-VPN/DMVPN, VoIP/QoS, IP Telephony/Unified Messaging/Voice Mail, WiFi, Radius/802.1x, Content Delivery, Global Load Balancing, Remote Access/VPN, Extranet/DMZ, IPS/IDS/FW Application Intelligence, Video Conferencing, etc.
- Establish standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures for operation of Network / Security Systems Infrastructure.
- Build partnership with Cisco and other key vendors on accelerating product evaluation, product design, proof of concepts, and implementation strategy with hand-off into sustaining handled by ITG operations.
- Build partnership with DataCenter partners and drive the long-term strategy towards hosted managed service utility computing architecture as applicable for the Network Topology and connectivity needs.
- Responsible for training program and knowledge transfer, including AS-Built documentation during product development phase, ensure smooth hand-off with Junior Systems Engineers and Help Desk if required.
- Manage Performance tuning and Capacity Planning of production systems. Optimize architecture and maximize our computing resources.
- Design, Planning and Standardization of Highly Available, Load balance, Reliable Networking Systems with automated failover capability.
- Provide architecture and technology insight assistance and response to inquires from internal departments and organizations. Work with Industry analysts, vendors and partners on issues relating to the Network and Security Infrastructure.
- Project management of key Network Infrastructure programs. Interface with ITG Ops and key outsourcing partners for effective deployment methodology and product delivery.
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders on best practice and adoption of proactive Monitoring and Notification of Fault / Event management using tools and writing programs.
- Implement improved methods and tools for the troubleshooting and researching of problems.
- Responsible for the Network and Security Infrastructure Backup/Recovery and Disaster Recovery.
- Optimize Application performance through application certification methodology and tools in alignment with company Application portfolio.
- Managing the vendor relationships, vendor driven projects and outsourcing activities.
- Attention to details, good communication and documentation skill.
- Manage cross-functional projects / teams.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in designing global network architecture including WAN/LAN/DMZ, VLAN
- In-depth knowledge of Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), Switching environment, Multicasting is required (PIM).
- Strong experience in datacenter architecture, performance tuning and load-balancers.
- Strong experience with Cisco platforms
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls such as Palo Alto Firewall, Zscaler, Guardicore, Aviatrix and other similar technologies.
- Strong experience in Security engineering for network based IDS, AV and Content filtering proxy hardware solutions including scripting and policy implementation, Hands on deployment of Cisco ISE, Duo MFA and Cisco VPN gateways.
- Experience to AWS WS and VMWare ESXi.
- Experience in an environment using unified messaging design, audio and video conferencing using Zoom, LifeSize, WebEx, Slack, MS Team and other similar technologies.
- Strong experience deploying end-to-end QOS for real-time voice and video traffic.
- Candidates must have strong knowledge in Cisco VoIP, QoS, and MPLS WAN networks, interacting with Telco and global WAN carriers.
- Expertise in Cisco / Meraki Wi-Fi deployments, 802.1x, EAP-PEAP and Cisco or other NAC vendor.
- Experience in AWS VPC, TGW, Security and Networking·
- Experience in Network monitoring processes and tools (e.g. SolarWinds, Nagios, PagerDuty, Nagios etc)
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.