Adventure's around the corner...
- Department Delivery Services
- Location Canada - Remote
- Responsible for line management of a cross-section of functional and technical consultants, business architects, project/program managers, and account managers (we call them delivery managers).
- Onboard new consultants, conduct quarterly (performance) check-ins, request/deliver feedback, and create/track individual development plans
- Provide necessary coaching and ensure team members are receiving project mentoring
- Engage in capacity/resource planning in coordination with staffing resource manager
- Lead organizational efforts such as workforce planning, knowledge management, and succession planning
- Participate in candidate interviews and hiring decisions
- Manage performance issues and any arising internal conflict to resolution
- Make recommendations for promotions and/or salary actions by gathering necessary feedback for informed decision-making
- Ensure available training and collateral (e.g. new product roll-out or skills development) is communicated to staff
- Monitor usage of paid time off to ensure work/life balance
- Coordinate and project manage completion of internal initiatives as assigned
- Provide necessary mentoring and support to consultant as needed
- Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing solutions to clients
- This role requires a willingness and ability to travel up to 25%.
- Cultural fit to our values of Integrity, Rationality, and Collegiality
- Experience as a people manager in a consulting organization or similar services organization within a software product company. You may have come from a technical background, having moved into a people and project management capacity
- Experience managing highly skilled remote consulting teams is highly desirable
- Previous consulting background and experience in a technology environment a must
- Demonstrated success with aligning teams to meet company and functional objectives
- Demonstrated success as a manager with ability to hire, mentor, coach and develop Consulting staff
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and passionate environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a related field required
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.