We are looking for skilled, critical-thinking content developers to develop technical training materials for industry-leading enterprise software. We want people passionate about training, maybe little experience in it, but an interest in pursuing a career in training. We want people with extreme curiosity and a zest for learning. People who masterfully explain complex concepts.
If you have a background in software development, specifically Java development, and are interested in technical learning, then this role could be the right fit for you!
Can you imagine yourself in the minds of students and instructors? Can you design a lab to reinforce key points? Do you know what it takes to make the lightbulb go on? Are you comfortable learning the product on your own, but smart enough to know when to ask for help? Can you develop strong relationships with subject matter experts?
About Content Development
Guidewire sells enterprise web-based software products to property and casualty (P&C) insurance companies. Each application has a unique role in an insurance company: policy administration, billing, claims, contact management, digital experience, etc. Our customers require highly configurable applications, and our applications require specialized knowledge for success. That is where training comes in.
The content development team designs, develops, and maintains courses and exams to teach our customers, partners, employees, and third-party learners how to implement and configure our applications. To build effective training content, you must deeply understand the customer goals and needs. This requires high levels of technical and business analysis skills.
Content development is different here. You work closely with experts in engineering, product management, QA, documentation, and delivery services. Development and delivery services teams know that your input makes products and services better. You and instructors collaborate to ensure materials result in effective learning. Our other teams help you because they know how much you help them.
In this role, you perform the following tasks:
• Gather and analyze learning requirements
• Design, develop, evaluate, and maintain courseware and class development environments
• Contribute to improve team processes and standards
• Learn the business roles and technical functionality of Guidewire applications
• Prepare tools, presentations, examples, evaluations, exams, labs, and simulations to teach product features and functionality that enable technical competency
• Build and maintain good working relationships with engineers, product managers, technical writers, consultants, and instructors
• Willingness to teach your materials to up to 20 learners, particularly early versions of the course that may not be fully complete
- 3 - 4 years of Object oriented programming experience, specifically Java, with an interest in moving into Content Development, if no prior experience.
- Experience in curriculum development and/or instructional design with a motivation to develop and deliver engaging hands-on training.
- Experience with complex enterprise application software
- Relational databases
- XML-based software configuration
- Modern software IDEs, including basic debugging tools
- Virtualization technologies
- Integration technologies such as REST and JSON-RPC
- Amazon AWS
Strong candidates also have the following:
- Experience designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining technical training for enterprise software
- Mastery of tools, principles, and best practices for developing technical training course materials
- Able to develop engaging graphic-based content that goes beyond simple bullet point lists
- Experience developing for a blend of modalities including, instructor-led, self-paced e-learning, and/or distance learning
- Experience building effective exam questions using certification best practices
- Strong communication skills
- Experience owning course development project activities from beginning to end
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.