Adventure's around the corner...
Staff Full Stack Engineer
- Department Product Development
- Location Canada - Toronto
- Collaborate with business and technical team members to understand business requirements for use in designing appropriate solutions
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Evaluate options and provide recommendations on scope and scale of effort required to implement final requirements
- Mentor junior developers and continuously improve software engineering practices
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Extensive experience in architecting and developing complex Java/J2EE applications
- Solid understanding of the microservice architecture
- Experience with a market-leading client-side framework (e.g., React) is a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing, etc.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Cloud deployment technologies.
- Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., DynamoDB, MongoDB) is a plus
- Agile development practices
- Experience designing REST or gRPC based APIs
- Cloud Services (e.g., AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Mentoring less experienced engineers
- Maintaining and promoting a healthy codebase and ensuring high quality of products
- A typical candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
Our employee culture…
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.