Adventure's around the corner...
Threat and Vulnerability Manager
- Department Information Security & Compliance
- Location United States - Remote
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Deploy, configure and manage infrastructure vulnerability management products, tools and solutions to help augment security threat monitoring, detection, prevention and compliance as part of Guidewire’s cloud security architecture (Rapid 7, Qualys, Nessus, Risk Based Scanning Tools)
- Work with Cloud Operations, IT and product teams to perform POCs and track deployments for initiatives and/or changes in the Guidewire’s public cloud environment
- Responsible for the vulnerability management program that includes periodic scanning, reporting, and tracking remediation of the security vulnerabilities discovered in AWS and data center assets
- Develop and enforce cloud security standards in AWS including IAM policies, security groups, S3 bucket policies, encryption, network security, cloud workload and container security, logging, monitoring etc.
- Any experience (technology or non-technology) related to managing a team or people would be desirable since this role will be helping build a program and team
- Willingness to be on call and serve as the point of contact for information security alerts and incidents
- 5+ years of previous experience working in security operations, administration, threat and vulnerability management – experience with automation and familiarity with “Infrastructure as Code” in the public cloud
- Minimum 5 years of experience deploying, testing and configuring multiple security technologies including Vulnerability Scanners, AWS Cloud Security platform tools. He/she should be able to share some of the success and failure stories they have had to go through in the past around build an effective vulnerability management program
- Thorough knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite, securing and hardening Operating Systems, Networks, Databases and Web Applications Information
- Hands on experience in running vulnerability scans, analyzing and tracking vulnerabilities with asset owners for timely remediation
- Basic hands-on experience with a public Cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP) with understanding/working knowledge of IaaS platforms and services (i.e., VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, AWS WAF, CloudFront, ECS, Flow Logs etc.) is required
- Experience developing and maintaining hardening and configuration standards and procedures
- Security certifications like CISSP, GSEC, CEH, AWS certification etc. are highly desired
- Familiarity with industry common information technology control frameworks, particularly SOC1/2, Cloud Security Alliance, and ISO 27001/2.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to document and explain technical details, standards and reports clearly and concisely
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of professional development training and experience
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.