Adventure's around the corner...
Software Engineer III - Java Backend - Policy Solutions (San Mateo, CA)
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationUnited States - San Mateo, CA
- Location TypeHybrid
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with your team to conceptualize, design, and implement Java-based cloud applications tailored for the distinctive demands of the insurance industry.
- Thoroughly test, fine-tune, and proactively maintain applications, ensuring optimal functionality and performance.
- Design and implement RESTful APIs for seamless integration with various applications.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code, adhering to coding standards and best practices.
- Leverage Guidewire cloud platform capabilities to deploy the applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and performance issues.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies, incorporating them into the development process as appropriate.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule, with expected availability during non-working hours.
You’ll succeed in this role if you have:
- Solid foundation in Java technology stack with at least 5 years of experience building enterprise applications.
- Profound understanding of common data structures and programming best practices.
- Advocate for object-oriented design principles ("SOLID"/Hexagonal) and proficient in other design patterns.
- Understanding of micro-services architecture and container orchestration.
- Experience of designing REST or gRPC based APIs.
- Familiarity with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Ability to thrive independently in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Rapid adaptability to learn and integrate new technologies.
- Effective collaboration skills to seamlessly work with team members, product managers, architects, and program managers.
- Excellent communication skills to articulate complex technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Alignment with our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or a related technical field), or equivalent level of demonstrable professional competency.
Salary InformationSalary Range: $108000 - $186000 per year
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.