Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Technical Writer - San Mateo, CA
- Department Product Development
- Location San Mateo, CA
- Work closely with developers, product managers, and user experience designers to understand our products and target audiences
- Plan, design, and develop content, including UI text and contextual assistance
- Create and update documentation for our applications, plugins, and APIs
- Lead and participate in initiatives to make our content more impactful and relevant to our different audiences
Required skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience creating content for enterprise software applications
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in technical communication, information architecture, and information delivery
- Good understanding of topic-based authoring
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to get information from subject matter experts and learn by experimenting
- Experience creating videos, walk-throughs, tutorials, or other forms of user assistance
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, or other related fields, or comparable experience
Preferably, you also have some of the following
- Good understanding of XML, DITA, or Markdown
- Knowledge of web applications and cloud platforms
- Copywriting or UI writing experience
- User-centered design experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
About the Documentation team
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.