We are hiring experienced Software Developers to join our development and services centre in Dublin, Ireland.
The Cloud Transition Practice (CTP) focuses on streamlining the journey for our customers to transition from self-hosted implementations to cloud implementations on the Guidewire Cloud Platform (GWCP).
As a Technical Consultant, you will be delivering application configuration and integration programs, following Guidewire best practices in integrating our products with external applications to support our customers globally.
In CTP, we have several teams fully focused on making the more technical aspects of the transition to the cloud more efficient. These teams focus on the technical upgrade of the application, the database upgrade and automating where possible.
One of our principles in CTP is to have fun and given the dynamic nature of the work in the CTP team, we are looking for decisive, highly skilled problem solvers who can bring their array of experience working with complex programs of work to the team.
Learn and master Guidewire's suite of products to perform configuration and integration of our products for technical consulting and become certified by spending your first two months in training to become a subject matter expert.
You will be responsible for completing the technical aspects of the cloud transition which involves technical merges and database upgrades.
This role provides the unique opportunity to work on a variety of customer configurations and to learn from these, in a highly skilled and supportive team structure. You will work on multiple engagements within your first year. There will be opportunities to master your craft as you will be very focused on improving the upgrade process by seeking to automate it further, providing feedback to engineering teams and recommending solutions to improve every aspect of the upgrade that helps our customers transition to the cloud.
This role will be working with Guidewire internal teams generally with minimal customer interaction, strong communication skills are necessary as our team works very collaboratively with our Services Delivery and Cloud Operations team.
You will join a very progressive environment and will have the opportunity to lead and mentor junior members on your team once you are comfortable in your role.
- The position requires a unique blend of technical capability, problem solving, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Third Level Qualification to at least NFQ Level 7 in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution.
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented programming (e.g. JAVA / C#) and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC)).
- Proficiency with GIT or another source control management tool.
- Experience working in IntelliJ or another IDE.
- Familiar with Relational databases (data modelling/SQL).
- Ability to lead a team.
- Highly motivated individuals with a willingness to question the status quo.
- Loves investigating and solving data problems.
- Curiosity about learning new development technologies to solve technical problems.
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience in upgrades using upgrade tooling, has worked on at least one major version Upgrade
- Good knowledge of InsuranceSuite products and their data model and how it is configured and upgraded
- Competence in databases and SQL and experience in the migration of large volumes of data
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.