Adventure's around the corner...
Staff Accountant - Corporate
- Department Finance
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform General Accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system.
- Prepare and upload journal entries, month-end close work and account reconciliations for various accounts in areas such as cash, payroll and benefits, and operating expense accruals.
- Assist in preparing quarterly review and annual audit schedules. Work with external auditors to ensure audit requests are delivered on schedule.
- Prepare various reports/schedules for external auditors during annual audits.
- Assist in the testing and maintenance of financial controls.
- Assist in month-end and year-end financial closes for US and Global operations.
- Other projects as assigned related to general ledger management and GAAP accounting processes.
- Assist in annual SOX compliance efforts such as financial reporting walkthroughs with the external auditors.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years prior accounting experience in a multi-national publicly traded company!
- Experience using Oracle Fusion (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Experience working in a global accounting environment.
- Collaborative & flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting deadlines
- CPA or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Experience with “Big 4” public accounting experience is preferred.
- International experience a plus.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.