Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Performance Engineer
- Department Product Development
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
Successful Senior Performance Engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- Hands-on experience performance testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing Java code
- Curiosity and internal motivation to discover multiple root causes to complex technical problems
- Excellent communication skills: speak your mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
Key technical qualifications include experience with:
- Performance and development work in Java (5+ years experience)
- Load generation, APM, and profilers (Gatling, JMeter, Datadog, AppDynamics, YourKit, JProfiler)
- Relational database persistence (e.g. Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Cloud services, Caching, Queues, Application Servers (AWS, Guava, Redis, tomcat, etc.)
- CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Bitbucket, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, Nexus)
- The ideal candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent and shares our core values: collegiality, integrity, and rationality. See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/
Our employee culture…
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.