The Resource Management Office has the primary objective of assigning the right person, to the right opportunity at the right time. The Group was established in late 2016 in order to create a centralized Resource Management function across Professional Services at Guidewire dedicated to the ongoing tactical & strategic distribution of our consultants to both planned and unplanned activities. The RMO is also responsible for Demand Planning (creation & maintenance of Financial Force data for reliable Financial & Resource Forecasts) and Capacity Planning (Professional Services Availability vs. Portfolio Pipeline). At present, this small specialized group of Staffing Managers oversee the allocation and redeployment of 700+ Professional Services consultants across the globe, using operational best practices to ensure customer, project & consultant success. We focus on visibility, prioritization, optimization and integrated planning across the business.
About the role…
Under the guidance of the Resource Managers and RMO Leadership, the RMO Coordinator is responsible for effectively logging and keeping an overview of incoming resource demands for professional services opportunities. The source of the demand comes from Resource Staffing Plans and regular portfolio review meetings with the professional services delivery team, which the coordinator will attend. The RMO Coordinator will work with the relevant Resource Staffing Managers to ensure all demand entered in the PSA tool (Financial Force) is in alignment with requirements.
The Coordinator will develop and maintain process documentation, cover planned PTO of the staffing managers, and help support the continued success of the function at Guidewire.
This role provides support to the existing Resource Staffing Managers and the leadership of Global Resource Management and will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Principle Responsibilities & Duties:
Assist Resource Staffing Managers and RMO leadership with ensuring compliance with Resource Management Processes:
· Assist with process revisions/enhancements based on business changes and/or tool changes
· Assist with documentation of RM processes and communications
· Ensure RM processes are kept updated and stored on RM page on SharePoint
Assist Resource Staffing Managers with managing resource requests:
· Attend weekly/biweekly calls with Portfolio Directors and Delivery Managers regarding the status of “in-flight” projects and opportunities
· Ensure all resource requests are entered into FinancialForce correctly and maintain the data accuracy of the system
· Providing coverage during Resource Staffing Managers’ scheduled PTO
· Maintain the data accuracy and workflow in Resource Management System (FinancialForce). This includes making updates in a timely manner (i.e., start and end date changes, extensions, etc.)
Gatekeeper for Skills Catalog and Internal Resumes:
· Monitoring skills catalog in FinancialForce once per quarter to ensure consultants are keeping skills up-to-date. Monitoring resources’ internal resumes to ensure they are on the approved internal resume template.
· Serving as the “go-to” resource for Consulting Managers regarding questions and/or guidance on writing/updating internal resumes and inputting/updating skills in the system
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3+ years of related experience in business operations
· Business analysis is a plus
· MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint & Visio) Strong Proficiency Preferred
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow established processes.
· The ability to juggle multiple tasks and to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills
· Flexibility around working hours (Guidewire is a global virtually-connected company)
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com
. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com
to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.