Ensure the quality of our monthly releases to Guidewire Cloud. Push to advance our productivity and efficiency through automation. Work closely with customers and consultant developers. Help us 'shift-left' and transition to cloud native approach. Develop into a Test Automation Engineer.
Continuous Improvement is core to what we do so you will collaborate with senior and junior, manual and automation, test engineers to identify ways of improving process efficiencies and quality of our releases to production.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. You will work with, and learn from intelligent colleagues while also having opportunities to and demonstrate your own leadership skills. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are seeking a skilled and motivated Automation Engineer to help grow our team.
• Understand business requirement documents and figure out the most effective testing approach, both automated and manual, for our products.
• Create detailed, comprehensive documentation supporting developed testing plans and automation scripts.
• Lead a product track and be responsible for their release work.
• Execute tests for each release.
• Mentor junior team members.
• Ability to lead a QA project from requirement analysis to meeting deadlines. Releasing high quality code directly to a production environment.
• Strong communication skills: written, spoken, and presenting.
• Experience with Agile software development lifecycle and related tools (ex. TFS, Jira, or Rally).
• Detailed knowledge of QA processes and terminology.
• Experience with CI/CD release processes and ability to set up automation suites e.g. Jenkins.
• Extensive experience in designing and writing manual test scripts.
• Experience testing RESTful APIs and competent with API testing tools (ex. Postman and Swagger).
• Experience in Behaviour Driven Development frameworks.
• Experience working with customers and users, providing guidance, and status.
• BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution.
Nice to have
• Performance testing tooling knowledge and experience.
• Experience with platform virtualization environments (ex. Azure or AWS).
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.