Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Cloud Engineer - Linux, DB , AWS & Kubernetes - Bangalore
- Department Business Technology
- Location India - Bangalore
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on Linux/Windows/ESXisystems, using tools like SCCM, Satellite, Spacewalk
- Maintain OS configuration using Configuration Management tools like Ansible.
- Support file/printer servers and manage AD resource permissions
- Manage external digital certificate requests and external DNS provider
- Participate in Data Center consolidation, and migration to the cloud (AWS)
- Provide hands on operational support for Firewalls, Routers, Switches and associated Security related devices.
- Investigate and resolve network and security incidents
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Maintain Database configuration, backups, and DR solutions
- Provide database performance and tunning suggestion
- Design and document SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for system administration activities
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and able to assign tasks and projects independently.
- · BS in Computer Science or Engineering or information systems or related field (or equivalent experience) required
- · Good understanding of AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, Route53 and Kubernetes
- · 7+ years Windows/VMware/Linux systems administration experience
- · Scripting skills: highly skilled in a at least two typical scripting languages (shell/bash, PowerShell, Perl, python, ruby)
- · Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Satellite, Spacewalk etc.
- · Experience designing and maintaining AWS-based systems
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.