Guidewire's Delivery Services is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Software Architect to join the Guidewire Services Center (GSC) team in in Kuala Lumpur.
What We Do?
GSC was established to help meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire’s products, currently being used by customers who are household names globally in the property and casualty (P&C) insurance industry. We are looking for enthusiastic developers who are passionate about building high quality software, and working with great people to improving our customers experience for millions of users worldwide.
As an Architect, you will lead a team of Guidewire consultants on a specific customer project working towards its successful delivery. The types of projects you will work on will be wide ranging, from new core/portals/data product implementations to upgrades, data migrations and reporting. As you gain Guidewire project experience there will be future opportunities for you to specialize in specific project types with the eventual goal of promotion to Senior Architect.
This role will involve extensive hands-on interaction with customer stakeholders to aid in the establishment of strong customer relationships. You will use your expertise to guide initial project decisions and provide best practice guidance on the customization of Guidewire products to meet customer requirements.
You will use your leadership skills to ensure the success of your team, ensuring that daily project targets are met while also leveraging your technical ability to provide mentoring and guidance to your team as needed. You will also be a key member of the local leadership team in Ireland and be involved in various initiatives outside of client projects as required, including technical interviewing and involvement in internal technical initiatives like Tech Slams and Hackathons.
· To become certified by spending your first two months in training to become a domain expert.
· Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements.
· Configure Guidewire applications and develop Guidewire business rules using Guidewire Studio.
· Develop custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems using JAVA and XML.
· Execute configuration / integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to Guidewire development.
· Background in consulting or equivalent in a customer facing role in professional services.
· Ability to handle technical leadership tasks (Solution Design, estimating, delivery of technical training/education)
· Ability to demonstrate advanced technical skills such as OO design, development and test with proven patterns knowledge, excellent documentation composition and the ability to clearly communicate your thought process.
· JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC OR C# experience – we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process
· Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred.
· Extensive exposure to a variety of source control technologies (i.e. SVN, Git, etc.)
· Ability to become certified in multiple Guidewire InsuranceSuite products and develop a thorough understanding of product platform including all integration technologies.
· Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role, managing performance of the team members on a project, provide technical project leadership and mentoring support to junior team members, acting as escalation point on each project.
· BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution.
· Eligible to work in Malaysia and able to travel occasionally to US, Europe or within APAC.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.