Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Java Developer Consultant, GSC - Madrid, Spain
- Department Delivery Services
- Location Spain - Madrid
Here are the expectations we have of candidates:
- Learn and master Guidewire's Suite of products in order to perform configuration and integration of our products for technical consulting, and become certified as a product expert with in-depth, up-front training.
- Strong, hands-on experience with an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java — JVM, SDK, J2EE, JMS, JDBC)
- Solid understanding of the principles and patterns of object-oriented design
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective writing skills for drafting technical documentation and for explaining technical problems and solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in consulting or other customer-facing roles
- Experience working on agile teams
- Skilled at estimation, and breaking down deliverables into user stories and tasks
- Experience leading and mentoring technical teams
- Knowledge of code review best practice (tools and techniques)
- Experience with source control, branching, unit testing, static code analysis, and other development tools and frameworks, such as Cucumber, Karate, and SonarQube.
- Exposure to cloud technologies a plus
- Comfortable with occasional international travel
- Ability to work independently and within a team
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.