Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Vulnerability Management Engineer - US Remote
- DepartmentInformation Security
- LocationUnited States - Remote
- Location TypeRemote
- Management, operation, and enhancement of vulnerability management, cloud posture management and container security tools.
- Provide security guidance to Cloud Engineering teams encompassing perimeter, misconfigurations, asset visibility, policies, container, patching cadence, and vulnerability scanning. Partner with cloud architecture, engineering and application development teams to establish and maintain comprehensive visibility into potential risk events across a large scale cloud environment.
- Improve and mature vulnerability reporting to key stakeholders, and drive remediation efforts by communicating, clearly articulating, and prioritizing risk and impact to all stakeholders to convey the urgency and need to remediate a vulnerability/misconfiguration.
- Develop processes and automation by engaging with stakeholders to harden and deploy AMI and docker container images.
- Stay abreast of emerging threats, and promote understanding of associated risk with stakeholders by reviewing and analyzing vulnerability data to identify trends and patterns.
- Supporting compliance and risk management activities, recommending security controls and corrective actions to mitigate vulnerability risks.
- Partner with the leadership team to report program roadmap status, define Key Risk Indicators and automated dashboards presenting risks and KPIs.
- Knowledge of vulnerability scoring systems and prioritization techniques (CVSS, EPSS, SSVC, etc.)
- Experience with cloud specific tooling such as Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), Cloud Workload Protection Platform (CWPP) and Cloud Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP).
- Thorough understanding of enterprise security controls, cloud security, network protocols and operating system (Windows/Linux/MAC).
- Familiar with best practices in securing Kubernetes and have a firm grasp on the challenges and solutions around securing containers and K8 clusters.
- Hands-on experience handling vulnerability management operations for cloud workloads at scale in AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Ability to conduct thorough analysis, automate redundant processes using scripting languages (Python or similar languages) and recommend data driven actions.
- Results-oriented, high energy, self-motivated and love for a team environment.
Salary InformationSalary Range: $113000 - $169000 per year
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.