Adventure's around the corner...
Cloud Transition Consultant (Java Developer)
- Department Delivery Services
- Location Ireland - Dublin
- The position requires a unique blend of technical capability, problem solving, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Third Level Qualification to at least NFQ Level 7 in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented programming (e.g. JAVA / C#) and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller)
- Familiar with relational databases (data modelling/SQL).
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Highly motivated individual with a willingness to question the status quo.
- Loves investigating and solving data problems.
- Curiosity about new development technologies to solve technical problems.
Nice to have but not essential
- Proficiency with GIT or another source control management tool.
- Experience working in IntelliJ or another IDE.
- Software development lifecycle exposure (Agile) preferred.
- Experience in upgrades using upgrade tooling, has worked on at least one major version upgrade
- Good knowledge of Guidewire InsuranceSuite products and their data model and how it is configured and upgraded
- Competence in databases and SQL and experience in the migration of large volumes of data
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.