Adventure's around the corner...
Application Support Engineer - JAVA
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
- Location Type Hybrid
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Expertise Building: Develop and maintain deep expertise in Guidewire's products.
- Support Troubleshooting: Resolve support cases, identifying root causes, providing workarounds or solutions, and collaborating with other teams to resolve complex problems.
- Customer Communication: Ensure timely updates and clear technical explanations for support requests. This includes providing clear and concise technical explanations to non-technical customers, and managing customer expectations.
- Knowledge Management: Create and maintain knowledge articles for customer-reported problems.
- Operational Tasks: Execute tasks for customer cloud environments, including provisioning and restoration.
- Improvement Collaboration: Identify areas for service improvement and collaborate with teams for implementation.
- Incident Management: Manage and resolve incidents within SLAs, providing timely updates to stakeholders. Share expertise and contribute to team development.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Min 2+ years of technical software support experience in B2B software.
- Proficient in using software defect tracking systems like JIRA, and strong technical skills in Java, web UI, XML, and front-end web technologies.
- Experience with commercial customer incident tracking or CRM systems like Salesforce.com.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills with a knack for critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Business Savvy Decision Maker: Employ sound business judgment in decision-making.
- Use creative and innovative approaches to tackle challenges.
- Customer-Centric Pro: Demonstrate a strong work ethic, follow-through, and a deep commitment to customer satisfaction and top-notch service.
- Multilingual Marvels: Show off your language prowess – fluent in English, and if you know Japanese, you're an extra-special asset!
- Teamwork Adventure: Join a dynamic team working together in our vibrant company offices, creating a lively and collaborative atmosphere!
- 5-day workweek, including weekends, with regular hours.
- Embrace the Fun! We're here 24/7 to support our customers, and we take turns with our awesome teammates being on-call for after-hours production adventures! It's all about teamwork and making sure our customers get the best care, day and night
- Wanderlust Wonders: Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to our other Guidewire offices, exploring new places while attending training and team meetings!
Be Yourself & Stay Clever
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.