Adventure's around the corner...
Full-stack Co-op - Summer 2023
- Department Students & Graduates
- Location Canada - Mississauga, ON
- Location Type Hybrid
What will I be doing?
- We are offering a 16-week (June to September) summer internship program for software engineers in 2023. The program is designed to give students actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science an opportunity to write software and interact with others in a real-world business environment.
- Guidewire is an Agile development shop: we do iterative development, break features into stories, work in priority order, encourage pair programming and more. Our focus is to make the highest quality software for our customers and deliver it on time. We spend quality time focusing on software development as a craft. If you intern here, you will collaborate with teammates, mentors, and stakeholders while learning what it means to be a professional software engineer.
- Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in Computer Science
- Must graduate in 2023 or 2024
- Programming in Java, or any modern OO programming language.
- Experience with a market leading client-side framework (e.g. React, Angular) is plus.
- Algorithms and object-oriented design
- Agile, Test-driven development
- Cloud native infrastructure – (scripting, AWS services like EKS, Aurora/RDS, VPC
- Back end technologies – RESTful API concepts, Microservices
- Web-based applications and technologies
Other types of things that we like to cultivate –
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems
- Accountability based on an earnest desire to do what is expected without prompting
- Kindness and respect for your fellow teammates.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.