Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Java Software Engineer, Cloud Data Platform
- Department Product Development
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
What you bring to the table:
- Expertise in Java and Java Enterprise technology applications architecture, design, development
- 10+ years experience in designing and developing scalable enterprise level back end solutions
- Proven skills and Hands-on programming experience in Java, Spring, multi-threading, REST, Data Caching Services, DB schema design and data access technologies
- Hands-on with architecture, design, development and deployment of enterprise systems
- Experience rolling out distributed, large-scale, low latency applications
- Experience in architecting and defining Application layer in SOA/Micro Services landscape
- Understand security concepts and build reliable and safe distributed applications
- Experience with leading and mentoring Engineers
- Solid knowledge of applications performance improvement techniques and caching solutions
- Ability to successfully multi-task and support multiple, concurrent projects
- Knowledge of JVM concepts like garbage collection, heap, stack, profiling, class loading, etc.
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Knowledge understanding or Experience in high volume streaming frameworks like Apache Spark, Apache Flink technologies is plus.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
If you've got the following experience, even better!
- Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform
- AWS (EMR, S3, Glue, Kinesis)
- Building SaaS/PaaS on AWS/GCP/Azure
Be Yourself & Stay Clever
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.