Adventure's around the corner...
Technical Support Intern - 2023
- Department Students & Graduates
- Location Canada - Mississauga, ON
- Location Type On-Site
- Function as the main point of contact to research, respond to, and accurately resolve cases in a timely manner and in accordance with team standards to ensure customer happiness!
- Write thorough and detailed case documentation to meet objectives for Case Quality and Customer Satisfaction scores.
- Collaborate with additional support teams on more sophisticated issues involving system integration and custom configurations.
- Develop and maintain, a deep knowledge of our products through company-sponsored Professional certification training and experience.
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross-training, and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer.
Required skills and experiences
- Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in STEM major.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills, ability to think critically, and display an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Experience solving problem software code and reporting progress; preference for experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM like Salesforce.com
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA preferred
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object-Oriented Programming (Java, C#, or similar), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, and application architecture.
- Skills to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Read, write, and speak fluent English. Score bonus points if you can also have skills in another language such as French or German
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.