Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Manager, DevOps - San Mateo, CA
- Department Analytics and Data Services
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
- Design, build and operate cloud-based infrastructure, focusing on Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD methodologies
- Direct a team to perform full spectrum DevOps capabilities, to include system administration, configuration management, security monitoring, disaster recovery, and more
- Establish and improve performance monitoring and response processes
- Ensure efficiency and predictability of deployments and upgrades
- Roll out and enforce best-in-class security practices for greater customer success
- Hire, mentor, and lead engineers in a global environment
- Lead decision-making and collaboration across multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- BA/BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of increasingly responsible IT/Ops Infrastructure management experience
- Strong experience managing cloud operations with strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services, or other cloud platforms
- Thorough understanding of software engineering and Cloud application lifecycle management, automation methodologies, and business data modeling used in a mission-critical environment
- Experience leading a complex technology staff and external resource management and planning
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans
- Experience recommending new technologies and processes that will improve customer service, reduce costs, and provide a competitive advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in building strong, successful technical teams and coaching and mentoring individuals along their career paths
- Ability to prioritize deliverables in a rapidly changing environment; communicate clearly to steer the team to deliver high-quality results
- Experience working with and/or leading offshore software development teams
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.