Adventure's around the corner...
Software Engineer II – Dublin, Ireland
- Department Product Development
- Location Dublin
- You will be responsible for building the tools that help manage our cloud deployments
- Find the right tool for the job, then architect and build reliable and flexible solutions
- Focus on code quality and constantly work to improve our Agile processes
- You will have a variety of responsibilities and a chance to influence the way the team works
What we are looking for:
- Previous DevOps experience is a bonus
- Experience building n-tier web applications using Java-based technologies such as Java EE, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with facets of enterprise software systems development, including relational database systems (JDBC, ORM, data modeling and design), software architecture, system integration (messaging, web services, SOA), web UI
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure) is nice to have
- Skilled at writing unit tests and testable components
- Clear written communication and documentation skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- Strong software product development and delivery experience
- Academic background in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience designing REST APIs
At Guidewire, our teams:
- Are lean, empowered, and collaborative
- Have the disposition to experiment with new technologies and process outside of the domain
What happens when I apply?
- First, apply for the role. We will then set a quick intro call, so we can share extra info on the role and answer your questions. Next, we will send some coding exercises to complete at home, followed by a technical interview via videoconference. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
- Competitive market Salary
- LTI (Long term cash Incentive)
- 26 annual leave days
- Healthcare Benefits
- 2 paid days volunteering and many more
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.