Adventure's around the corner...
Director, Corporate Development
- Department Corporate Development
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead deal execution and M&A strategy in a hands-on manner - develop our M&A strategy and playbook, lead diligence & negotiation of transactions as well as post-merger integration activities
- Develop a deep understanding of companies and trends in the insuretech space through research and analysis, synthesize findings and recommendations, and share regular updates with the leadership team
- Develop and maintain a network of industry contacts, VCs, and investment bankers to identify industry trends and proactively build pipeline
- Lead a cross-functional team involving Product, GTM, Finance, Legal, People, IT, and outside counsel during live deals to ensure timely closing
- Define integration plans and assist with post-close execution
You will be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of work experience, preferably a mix of technology investment banking, private equity/VC, and corporate development at a technology company
- Prior experience leading all aspects of an acquisition, multiple deals a plus
- Strong skills in strategic and quantitative analysis, project management, coupled with strong communication and presentation skills
- Deeply curious, master researcher, passionate about technology and SaaS
- Proven ability and willingness to learn and understand emerging trends in the insuretech landscape
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.