Adventure's around the corner...
Technical Cloud Program Manager
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Ireland - Remote
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- This is often a customer facing role and a priority is placed on exceptional customer service skills including but not limited to professional communication capability, timely response procedures, and understanding the sense of urgency that is characteristic of any production system setting.
- Understand all aspects of the Guidewire Cloud operating model and work directly with our customers to ensure they understand and are prepared to successfully operate in this service-based subscription model.
- Work closely with all parties involved in implementation or cloud migration programs (including Guidewire Professional Services, System Integration Partners, and customer resources) to effectively facilitate cross-functional planning and prioritization meetings.
- Identify, coordinate, and manage tasks pertaining to the preparation and launch into the Guidewire Cloud.
- Provide regular project updates/dashboards to executive stakeholders and project team members.
- Drive, align and work effectively with cross-functional teams across various disciplines (business, product, technology, corporate development, etc.), who may have competing priorities.
- Proactively identify and escalate issues and obstacles to successful project implementation.
- Develop and deliver internal/external communication plans regarding status updates and change management
- Work products include but are not limited to executive and operational dashboards, project plans, risk logs, project briefs, process plans, project status presentations, etc.
- Advocate for the importance of our Cloud Assurance program and ensure customers understand our recommendations and are executing on those recommendations to optimize their Guidewire solutions.
- Challenge and identify ways to continuously improve our internal service management capabilities by understanding our customer’s unique needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate functional and technical requirements to a remote team.
- Contribute to a team environment that will have both local and remote leadership.
- This role will require ability to travel onsite to U.S. and/or Canadian customers on a scheduled basis. Travel is estimated at maximum of 20% but may increase for short periods around key customer delivery dates.
- This role has potential for occasional travel to other Guidewire offices (U.S. and international).
- Guidewire Cloud is a service offering with defined contractual SLA’s. While the scope of daily activities will generally fall during normal business hours of the customer, occasional high priority work outside of established business hours may be necessary (i.e., to help with urgent customer issues)
- Preference given to candidates that have 5+ years of experience leading and managing enterprise software implementation teams (or team tracks) within a corporate IT or consulting environment (Guidewire projects preferred)
- Preference given to candidates that have strong technical and software engineering background in particular in the areas of Cloud Computing (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), enterprise computing, servers, networking, and virtualization technology and products
- Comfort being in a dynamic role that is not always fully defined and that will mature with our solution offerings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated Project Management experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills performed in a time-sensitive environment
- Experience using an Agile based methodology
- Proven ability to influence customers and build relationships, both with “on the ground” resources and those in Management/Executive roles
- Ability to quickly triage customer issues and prioritize tasks (i.e., differentiate between production issues and future enhancement work)
- Experience working in an environment where cloud or off-premise enterprise applications have been utilized
- Experience with commercial software such as customer incident tracking systems, work effort management, etc.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or knowledge is not necessary, but is nice to have
- Devops experience is not necessary but is nice to have
- Track record of successful project management and team leadership with demonstrated ability to work with distributed remote agile teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with leadership and project stakeholders across cross-functional team to deliver on tactical project milestones
- Ability to engage with and guide technical teams to successfully define and deliver on project roadmaps and milestones
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently while interacting with peers and engineers who often excel at these capabilities as well
- Proven experience with complete product life cycle in a production services environment, including design, implementation, load and scale testing, deployment and maintenance
- Proficiency in using project management, planning, tracking, collaboration, and financial tools
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science (B.S., B.A.) or equivalent from higher education institution
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.