Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Engineering Manager - Cloud Data Platform
- Department Product Development
- Location United States - Exton, PA
What you’ll do
- Manage multiple teams to deliver world-class Data platform and Analytics SaaS solutions
- Scale the team by developing internal leaders (managers and senior IC’s) and attracting world-class talent
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for a team of managers and engineers
- Engage with key business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for a variety of our products
- You will foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical adviser
- You will work with your manager, product managers and peers to ensure alignment of your team's work with larger Data platform and analytic organization's roadmap
- You will plan and support career development of other managers and ICs
- You will recruit and retain talent
- Hold regular 1:1s with managers, ICs, help them navigate challenges, and coach them for their career development
- 5+ years of experience in people management, ideally leading a team size of 15+ and managing other managers
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a product focused development environment
- Highly technical hands-on and an effective people leader
- Experience in driving and retaining a high-performing team
- Experience in leading managers and ICs
- Experience in leading full-stack engineering teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- You’re driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humbleness - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity
- You had/have extensive coding and architecture experience
- A huge bonus would be your prior experience in building data platforms using Big Data stack (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive ..) on public cloud
- AWS (EMR, S3, Glue, Kinesis..)
- Experience of building SaaS/PaaS on AWS/GCP/Azure..
Our employee culture…
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.