Adventure's around the corner...
Cloud Operations Engineer
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Canada - Remote
- Monitor and Support customer CI/CD environment ensuring that the infrastructure is available and running
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve any issues that impact the customer ability to successfully execute CI/CD functions
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope definition, specifications, and architecture of Deployment Tools & Processes for AWS Cloud
- Work closely with engineers, test engineers, product owners and management to understand requirements, define and implement best practices and standards around DevOps and Service Resilience
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Manage complex projects from inception to completion
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation monitoring systems for meeting defined SLAs
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong foundation with incident, problem and change management. ITIL knowledge and experience is required.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience using CI/CD tools (git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, AWS Code Pipeline, Nexus, Artifactory, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- 2 years of experience with modern automation, DevOps, and Agile development
- Networking fundamentals including VPNs, DNS, subnetting, route tables, firewalls, etc
- Understanding of AWS security and monitoring and experience implementing best practices
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Grafana, Zabbix, PagerDuty, Site24x7, Sumologic, Nagios
- Experience with configuration management (Chef or Ansible)
- Experience administering infrastructure for traditional monolithic web-based business applications
- Highly proficient in Linux administration
- Experience with coding / scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so weekend support coverage is mandatory
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.