Adventure's around the corner...
Technical Architect - Cloud Data Platform- Bengaluru
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location India - Bangalore
- Location Type On-Site
- Proficiency in working with major cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or others.
- Extensive experience with Big Data and distributed systems
- In-depth experience of building data platforms using Big Data stack (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive ..) on public cloud
- Extensive experience in building Monitoring and Observability features for cloud services (Infrastructure and Application) with ELK, Datadog and other tools.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing secure architecture for cloud services using principle of least privilege and defense in depth.
- Excellent programming skills in Java, Scala, Python
- Experience with data processing using Spark or Flink
- Understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- Deep understanding of Algorithms, software engineering principles and Performance Optimization Techniques
- Stay updated with latest advancements and passionate about technology
- Comfortable working with Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform.
What you would do:
- Design, develop and run cloud native data platform and analytics SaaS services
- Own architecture and provide technical leadership to multiple teams. Collaborate with architects and senior engineers across organization
- Hands-on coding >30% of the time
- Design and build large scale real-time stream processing systems
- Design and develop micro-services and analytics SaaS solutions
- Own scalability, availability and data security for your services
- Troubleshoot complex production issues and restore services to meet SLA
- Mentor other developers in best practices
What you would need to succeed:
- Prior experience in building large scale multi-tenant cloud native data platforms
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams and translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Have developed in more than one language and ready to pivot to any language/framework
- Understand Serverless function and their relevant use
- Ability to work in an agile fast paced environment.
- BS or MS degree (Computer Science or Math).
- 15+ years relevant work experience with 5+ years on SaaS domain
- Refer to ‘Required Skills’ section more details
- Experience of building SaaS/PaaS on AWS/GCP/Azure
- AWS (EMR, S3, Glue, Kinesis..)
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 500 insurers in 38 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.