Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Software Engineer – Bangalore, India
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationIndia - Bangalore
- Location TypeOn-Site
- Lead design and architecture discussions for complex software systems, making informed decisions that align with the company’s technical vision.
- Collaborate with product managers, UX/UI designers, and other engineers to translate business requirements into technical specifications and actionable tasks.
- Write efficient, maintainable, and robust code using Java and related technologies.
- Conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers by sharing your deep understanding of Java, software design principles, and industry best practices.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks, security vulnerabilities, and other technical challenges within the software applications.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in Java technologies and industry trends to ensure our products remain competitive and innovative.
- Participate in agile development processes, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development using Java.
- Proven track record in designing and implementing complex, scalable software systems.
- Solid understanding of software architecture patterns, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Proficiency in working with frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, or similar technologies.
- Experience with web services, RESTful APIs, and microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g., AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and tools like TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience mentoring junior engineers and leading technical discussions.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies and tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence).
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.