Adventure's around the corner...
Senior, Data Analytics (People and Talent)
- Department People Team
- Location United States - Remote
- Location Type Remote
- Develop and implement data analytics strategies to support Guidewire’s People and Talent goals and objectives.
- Analyze employee data to identify patterns, trends, and insights that inform workforce strategy including but not limited to People related policies and practices, including recruitment, retention, talent rewards, and performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business leaders to develop and implement data-driven solutions that improve employee experience, engagement, and retention.
- Create and deliver data-driven presentations and reports to senior leadership and other stakeholders, including data visualizations, dashboards, and metrics.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices related to people analytics, and leverage this knowledge to continuously improve our people data analytics capabilities.
Who You Are
- Relationship builder: Skilled at connecting with others, building trust, and nurturing long-lasting relationships in service to business outcomes and a thriving community.
- Analytical: You thrive on detecting patterns, brainstorming, observing, and interpreting data.
- Storyteller: Effective communicator of data and insights, tailored to a specific audience, with a compelling narrative.
- Educator: Help drive the importance of data into the organization by conveying concepts in a clear and accessible way that is appropriate for the audience.
- Connects the dots: Ability to find the “big picture” in mass of data.
- Low ego: Combined with high emotional intelligence; thoughtful enough to adjust when the data suggests a change.
- Agile: Drives value and gets things done while engaging and listening to continuously improve and innovate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, or a related relevant field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, data visualization, business intelligence, dashboard development and reporting; at least 2 years in a People Analytics role.
- Knowledge and experience with Workday or similar.
- Hands-on experience displaying data with Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau, ThoughtSpot, or Power BI.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Excel, including advanced features like Power Query and Pivot Tables. We have just transitioned to Google Workspace so experience with Google Sheets QUERY function and Pivot Tables is a big plus.
- Experience working on sophisticated analyses using programs or languages such as SQL is a plus
- Ability to act, think analytically, and systemically with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively solve and implement solutions to deliver on commitments.
- Expert use of issue-based problem-solving, root cause analysis, and other similar techniques.
- The attitude and aptitude to learn new technologies in pursuit of automated reporting and analytics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What You'll Own
- Reporting and analysis of key employee performance indicators for the People Team and Guidewire Leadership.
- Data insights and storytelling / presentation support for executive discussions including but not limited to C-Suite and Board meetings, Organizational and Operational reviews.
- Enabling People Team functions -- such as Talent Attraction, Talent Management, and our People Business Partners -- with the information needed to make data-driven decisions and inspire change in the business.
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of our People data by working closely with our Workday HRIS team to adjust and improve data processes, as needed.
- Crafting informational and intuitive data visualizations and driving the roadmap for self-service dashboards that provide stakeholders with up-to-date insights.
Salary InformationSalary Range: $111000 - $167000 per year
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.